Support

So all these major issues that I have been disclosing with you, have a major impact on my life as you can possibly see but without friends and mostly family I would have struggled to get through these things. One thing that I have learned is that you can’t do anything on your own, somewhere along the line you will need someone to help you and its admitting this that makes you the survivor. It shows that you know your own strengths but it also shows that you know where you need help.

Admitting that you need the help is one of the hardest things because you want to be strong and you want to believe that you can do it on your own. There is nothing wrong with being strong and holding it in but there will come to a point when you need to explode because your forcing those feelings down and you just need to say how you feel. Acting strong is great because it almost gives you the feeling that you are strong but everyone has to break at some point and there is nothing wrong from being weak from time to time. In reality by using others you’re not weak, your stronger because you have their support and you have been able to control the situation more.

Support can come from anyone, throughout high school I frequently cried to teachers or just to random fellow students because let’s be honest, I didn’t want to admit to my friends and family that I was having a bad day as I didn’t want to bring them down with me. However, telling people how you feel and your worries is the best possible thing for you because you are able to release some of the weight on your shoulders but also so the people around you know how to handle you. I remember my mum not knowing how to deal with my anger but as soon as I explained to her how I was feeling she was able to help me.

I guess another issue is what do you say? How much do you say? Who do you say it to? When do you say it? There aren’t really any answers in particular for these questions as it very much depends on yourself but most importantly you should say these things to someone that cares about you, whether that’s your parents, a teacher, a work colleague, a counsellor. When you need support and to explode, it doesn’t matter who you tell really but someone that cares about you would be able to help you the most through the situation itself because they are there for you. Depending on what you feel comfortable with depends on what you say and how much you say, for me as I come from a very open family I say as much as I have left to give because it helps me to get everything off my plate. However, it doesn’t matter when you use the support system because that’s what the people around you are there for, to support you and to make you happy as often as possible.


Even with the best support system there is still going to be days when you aren’t feeling happy and there are minimal things that can make you smile but what you need to know is that everyone goes through this. There are still days when, even through I’m surrounded by friends and family that support me, I just want to curl up in a ball and not come out until the hurt has gone away. One thing that I try to remember is that there is always something to be happy about, even if its you have your favourite dinner for tea that night and there is always support even if you have to go looking for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles