Confidence

Something that I really struggled with throughout my life is my confidence in myself and the things that I do, not often because I have no reason to be confident but because I can't find the confidence to have. I guess that it comes from my past but also from experiences that I have gone through which have almost made me scared to put myself forward in situations. If I am aware of a situation and have time to think about it, this is often when I have no confidence in myself, whereas if I don't have time to think I can often excel in tasks.

Things where I find I lack the confidence the most include: public speaking, confrontation and my work. I have always hated public speaking, I hate being centre of attention and I hate having to speak in front of people, especially if I don't know if what I am saying is correct. It isn't something that I have had to do very much often however when it does happen I build up a lot of anxiety and worry constantly until it is over. Due to my past any form of confrontation does make me nervous and I lack confidence in myself even if I know that I right, I don't have the confidence to back myself up. Something that is very important to me is my work but this is something that I probably struggle with the most because I never feel like what I am doing is good enough. I try and get my work perfect but there is no such thing as perfect so therefore it leads to a lack of confidence that I have in my work, which can often lead to me doubting myself.

Confidence is something that everyone needs and everyone has it in different ways, you just have to find it. The best way that I have been able to build up my confidence is by taking things in different steps. You are never going to go from a lack of confidence to full confidence straight away which means that you need to take it slow and don't rush things that don't make you feel comfortable. One way that I have personally done this is by starting this blog, where I have started to talk about things that I would love to talk about personally but I lack the confidence and therefore I am taking to another medium. Another way of building confidence is listening to what people say about you (only positives), making sure that you take away all the positives that they have got to say, they aren't saying those things just to get brownie points, they actually mean them. This can be quite hard at first because if you don't believe in yourself why would others believe in you and it does take time to believe in what others see.

One thing that I do find is that there are good days and bad days which means that my confidence levels do fluctuate and you shouldn't feel worse for this, you just need to look at the positives because there always will be some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles