New Years Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! 

Okay, I might be slightly late to the party but the thought and sentiment is there... I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas and ate as much party food as me (Sausage Rolls and Brie for me). 2017 was a brilliant year for me; with university, Cuba and new friendships. I thought that today I would talk about some resolutions that I want to focus on in 2018. 

1) Keeping fit and healthy
Something that I really struggled with in 2017 (still are now) is my weight and although physically it is not an issue, mentally for me it is. Therefore I want to spend 2018 making myself healthier through exercise and decrease the amount of junk food that I am eating. I want to increase the amount of fruit and vegetable that I eat; maybe even achieving my 5 a day (I know I am terrible, its surprising that I love them)! It is fair to say that we are less than 2 weeks into 2018 and these are going fairly well. I have been swimming a lot and have not eaten too badly (other than trying to decrease the amount of chocolate I have left from Christmas - but that will eventually go).

2) Improve my university essays 
Last term my confidence took a skydive because I did not feel like my grades were good enough for the amount of time and effort that went into my assignments. However, I realise that I do have to try harder because I fail to write as well as others (I am sure you can see from reading this). I want to feel proud of myself this term so I am going to try harder and do extra things to make myself improve. Lets hope for the best!!! I think I need to have more faith in myself as well, which I am going to try and do. 

3) Keep reading  
Reading!!! I love reading and it makes me super happy. I have many books that I got from Christmas currently sat on my bookshelf that are saying ''Please read me''. I want to try and read more this year to help me relax and to take time for myself. I want to also read more books that I would not always read, like I want to start reading Murder Mysteries maybe, possibly even read the Harry Potter books (sorry...). I might do a blog post soon about the books that are currently waiting to be read. 

4) Stop drinking alcohol 
Me and alcohol have a very strange relationship. We are friends but sometimes alcohol stabs me in the back. After some of the events from last year I do not think drinking is wise for me, I should probably say here 'please drink responsibly'. So for 2018... not just dry January I plan to try and stop drinking alcohol. So far I have been successful but my little sister turns 18 next month so I guess I will keep you updated on this. 

So that is my plan for 2018. I would love to know what your new years resolutions are if you have any, and if not why not. I would love to know what your favourite memories from 2017 are? Let's have a discussion in the comments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles