My First Year of University

WOW!!! Where the hell has this year gone? I literally have no clue. Although you are always counting down dates, when you have coursework to hand it (believe me there is a lot), when you are going home for breaks or when you have exams (they are scary but you can do it). I passed my first year of university with a 2:1. I am so happy and relieved that the first year went as well as it did. I have learnt so much and have been through so much but I am a better person for it.

Firstly, I owe everything to the close people around me, my friends, my new friends, my family and my boyfriend. I love coming home to my friends and getting to send time with my friends. The people that have known me for a long long time, these always know how to bring me back down to earth and make me look at the better picture. My new university friends, well there is a lot to tell here. I am getting emotional just thinking about them, the truth is without them I would not have made it through the year as well as becoming a better person. At the beginning of the year, I was shy and afraid, I didn't blend well. The real reason for this is that I would not let myself blend well because I was not ready for the change. However, eventually I stopped closing the door on my new friends and let them in, it was the best decision of my life. I became myself. They say you meet your friends for life at university and that is the truth. I originally saw my university hall as a threesome, a foursome and me but I know feel like part of that foursome. That makes me so happy.

My family have always been there for me and so much more since I have been at university. To be honest the relationship with family was pretty much on the rocks before I left and now I can happily say that it is so much better. I enjoy spending time with my family. I miss them when I am away from university and I enjoy my time when I am with them. The thing that I learnt at university is that sometimes being away for a little bit helps. I am so thankful for what they do for me. Me and my boyfriend have been through a lot this past year but that has not stopped the love and support that he gives to me. The amount of things that he does for me and the amount of care and attention that I receive. I am so lucky to have him on my arm and I am so lucky that he has helped to get me through the year.

Secondly, I have already briefly mentioned this but I have come out of my shell since I have come to university. I now go out clubbing! If you knew the then you would think this is slightly weird because clubbing is really not my scene and at the beginning of university I was not ready for this new scene but I can finally say that I love it. I am now willing to experience things that I would not have before. For the first term of university, I lived and breathed university but only university. This is not healthy and I wish that I knew then what I know now because I would have experienced more and better things.

So when talking about my first year of university, I will look at this year as probably one of my best because I have become. I will look at the highs and I will look at the lows because that is life and I can't wait to go back for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles