Travelling

There is nothing that I love more than travelling. As a geography student, you would expect another less. I would never say that I am well travelled because there is always someone that has travelled more and seen more. However I have been very lucky in my adventures that I have taken and I can't wait to have more. I see travelling as a way of trying to get a better understanding of the world as well as experiences different cultures and respecting the differences. I love that I am able to see the diversity around the world, it also provides more perspective on my own life and the values that I want. There is so much to discover around the world and I believe that it is very important to do so. 

Where I have been?

Florida 
My mum took me and sisters to Florida Disney World in 2007 for a treat. We were out there for three weeks and they were probably the best three weeks of my life because it was so magical. I was nine at the time and it could not have completed a nine year old's dream anymore. My favourite places were the Blizzard Beach where we would have funnel cake or swim all day and spending the evenings Downtown Disney. My favourite ride was definitely the Tower of Terror and I remember me and my sister going on it time after time with fast-track making our lives so much easier. 
This picture is not one of my own but taken from Google. 
This picture is not one of my own but taken from Google. 

Mauritius 

In 2011, my family had the best holiday that will we will ever have. Following my mums engagement, they decided to get married on this beautiful island and it was one of the prettiest wedding days I have ever seen. It was 14 nights sat around the pool, playing table tennis and enjoying as many pancakes as we could consume at pancake hour. We did not venture out of the hotel much but when we did I was shocked at the difference from home. Not a difference that shocked me in a negative way but one that inspired me. The people also inspired me because of their joy towards life and their intelligence, some of our waiter knew five to six languages. The country was beautiful and so inspiring. 
This photo was taken onlooking the beach of Mauritius. 
This photo is taken onlooking the sunset in Mauritius. 
Italy 
In 2014, I went on a school trip to Sorrento, Italy. I would not have seen this as a school trip though more like a huge group of friends. Sorrento is such a beautiful place and was so lucky to visit this place. Some of my favourite things were visiting Pompeii and the island of Capri. It was so beautiful and the people were full of high spirit. The trip is probably the most memorable because I took a tumble down Mount Vesuvius which ended up with me in an ambulance. I was fine but the humiliation was real. I will forever remember this trip to be filled with huge laughs and summer filled music blaring out from the boys at the back of the bus. It was definitely a trip of happiness!
Photo taken onlooking Capri. 
Photo taken onlooking Sorrento.
France
I have been to France many times but one of my favourite times was visiting a friends house in the South in 2014. It was one of my favourite visits, partially because I fail to remember the other because I was young. Other than the trip to Rouen with my primary school which I remember to be extremely beautiful. However, the trip with my friend was lovely, either there was beautiful sunshine or the largest hail I've ever seen. It was a brilliant trip because I remember feeling slightly French, eating ham and cheese spreads in the afternoon before reading in the armchair for the majority of the afternoon. It was one of my favourite trips because I got to spend the time with my best friend and her amazing family. 

Photo taken from a little village in the South of France.  
Photo taken from a small town called Puivert. 
Prague 
Me and my sister were very lucky to have a trip to Prague to visit our friend and see the beautiful city. This city was not appreciated by myself as much as it should but looking back it was such a lovely place and I wish that me and my sister got to visit more of the city. I remember the food being completely different from home but having hints of other cultures from around Europe such as Italy and France. Prague is beautiful because of the combination of both old and new, it is definitely a place that I would recommend for others to visit. 
Photo taken from Charles Bridge. 
Photo taken of the clock tower in old Prague. 
Spain
Like France, I have visited Spain a couple of times but most recently I went with my geography department to partake in research for one of our modules. Although, Spain is an extremely beautiful and amazing place, I did not get to experience this fully due to being ill for the whole trip. However, I have never seen such sun in the end of January and it was so lovely to spend time there, in comparison to Britain's harsh winter. As part of my module, I got to experience the city of Granada and I loved every second, not just because of my group members that I was working with but because it was so full of life and character. Somewhere I would visit again. 
Photo taken from the Balcony of Europe in Nerja. 
Photo taken onlooking Nerja in January 2017.
Where am I going? 
Me and my boyfriend will be visiting Cuba in the next few weeks, which I hope will be full of cocktails, sun and swimming in the pool. We plan on visiting the capital of Havana where we hope to become immersed in the culture. 

The future I plan to visit as much of the world as possible because I want to visit as much as possible. I would love to visit Asia particularly India, Sri Lanka and Malaysia. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles