Bullying

Something that has always infuriated me is bullying as it is never something that anyone likes to go through but it is worse to watch. It is something that comes in many different forms and can't always be seen as it's described as 'banter' or 'only joking' or 'I'm playing with you'. All of which could impact someone more than you think, you don't know whether those words or actions are going to upset or hurt them. Sometimes its just a matter of choosing our words better but sometimes bullying can take place on a level that isn't appropriate and needs to be stopped.

As someone that has both experienced bullying and watched people be bullied as well as the consequences of bullying, it is something that I'm very passionate about stopping as I feel that our community needs more love and friendship, than it does hate. Hate can only increase the negative aspects of life and could lead to more consequences such as self-harm which shouldn't happen as life is so important that it should only be filled with the positives. I believe that we need to increase the love between people in our community to support and help everyone as everyone has both good and bad days, where they need people to help them love themselves.

What a bully doesn't understand is that their comment about your weight could be something that you worry about. What a bully doesn't understand is that every bruise they leave on you isn'f just temporary but could also leave a permanent mark on you mentally. Although these things shouldn't affect us because they don't matter, it does as those names or actions are always remembered. I guess what I am trying to explain is that we should stand up to bullies more because they do not control us and our emotions.  Also in this climate there is enough negative things that are happening that we don't need to face anymore, so the next time you see someone struggling from being called names, help them if you can because its about us sticking together.

I remember being called names constantly through periods of my life and it wasn't fun because it made me feel as low with myself, as if I wasn't good enough for anyone but the truth is the people saying those things weren't good enough for me. Thats something that I stick by now, is that I  don't let what others say impact me because its only those few people that are closest around me that can have an opinion. I also remember times when I have had to support people around me because people have impacted them in a way they shouldn't, which breaks my heart because what right to they have to make them feel that way. Watching someone cry because they have been bullied and called names is the worst thing ever because there isn't a lot you can do other than be there for that person at the current second.  In reality, yes these moments have changed my life and probably made me a better person for it but doesn't mean that people should be affected by them.

So I guess that my advice is that we should try and compliment people as much as possible because you don't know if they need it but also try and keep those negative comments to ourselves as who are you to comment on someone else's life when yours isn't perfect itself, no-ones is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles