1 WHOLE MONTH

1 WHOLE month seems like it will last forever, it doesn't! It goes so quick that you don't even remember what you did half the time. It goes so quick that you forget to do things, you forget what you wanted to do and you forget to remember all those little moments because there will be another one.

Although the month went too quick for my liking, I had the best month of my life because I was able to spend it with the people I love. I was able to make amazing memories, like the frequent trips to Brighton or taking part in my favourite things about the Christmas holiday like Ice Skating, or eating as many mince pies that I could possibly eat. It was about building new relationships, making memories with loved ones and enjoying some relaxation time, even if I didn't really stop the whole time. 

The worst thing about moving out is going back because you can be sure that you are no longer a resident of that house you used to call home. You are now a guest and everything is different. Your opinion really doesn't matter because you don't live there. If you want something, you go get it yourself. 

Yes, it doesn't seem like I really enjoyed being a home, but I have got so used to living within my own freedom that going into a house that had changed was mount to shock me. I loved spending time with my family though, I loved seeming how they had changed even in the short time that I had been away and how my little sisters were growing up. 

Going home and have no mode of transport is the worst because lets be honest these days you can't rely on public transport. Even the simplest journey you have to find a way of getting there and you can't just ask Mum because your an adult now. You have to be responsible for yourself and thats more than just paying the bills. 

So being an adult is everything you want when you are a child or a teenager (well it was for me) and actually becoming one is a very different thing. However, there are so many exciting things that you can do; decorating your room how you want it, doing and experiencing new things that you couldn't before and you are under no restrictions as to what you want to do. One thing that I loved over the break was being able to make my own plans like seeing my nan for breakfast with my boyfriend, or babysitting and just making new friends. All these things made my holiday so much better. 

Coming to the halfway mark of my month off scared me, not only did I not want to go back because I was having so much fun being at home but it also made me realise how quick it was going. There is always going to be someone that you don't want to leave behind when you go back and saying goodbye even if it is for a short amount of time is too much to handle. 

The phase is 'time flies when your having fun' really is emphasised here. The truth is, it may have gone quickly but I did not regret a second of it. I have recently been thinking about saying 'goodbyes' because I have had to do them a lot but really I know think that they are more of a 'see you soon'. This means that the next time you say hello it will be so much better and you can't wait for it to happen. There isn't a day that I don't want to spend the time with people from home; however, I know that I need to do this and without them behind me I couldn't do it, so I owe them so much. I also know that if I ever needed them they are only a phone call away. 

It is the small things that I will miss the most from being at home such as waking up with your cat beside you, not having to worry about little things and just having people that will always care around you. It is the feeling of being alone all the time even though you are surrounded by people, you aren't surrounded by people that know you and that have known you for a long period of time. 

I may miss the small things about home but I also missed things about university. I missed having lectures and learning new things about a course that may frustrate me but I do love it and find it so interesting. I missed my little room that since coming back to university I have made it feel so much more cosy simply from fairy lights, fake candles and a blow up chair. I missed my little routines in the mornings where my boyfriend would call me to wake me up and moan that me for spending that extra five minutes in bed. I missed having the independence and being on my own I guess, even though I do want to spend time with people from home. 

I guess what I am trying to show you is that trying to find the positives may be hard sometimes but it is always there. I went through a period last term when I could not find the positives and that really isn't who I am and it was only reading old messages that made me realise that I used to be so positive. So I am going to start doing things that I enjoy and I am going to embrace situations that are thrown at me because there is no point being negative. 

Just Stay Positive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles