Home

Going home for just the weekend was a rollercoaster, it was so strange because although I was so happy to be home, I felt lost and like I wasn’t really at home. Seeing how much I was missed and how much I am missing out on, kills me. Watching my little sisters growing up without me being there to support them through everything and help them through struggles was hard. You can be informed of what is happening at home but until you actually go home, you don’t really know. However, it feels you with joy to know that you are finally with the ones that you love again and you are so happy to be spending time with them again. You feel like your complete and you know that your safe and comfortable again but in the back of your mind you know that you are going back in a few days.

When I lived at home, I didn’t really think that home was that important to me and I completely didn’t respect it and appreciate it in the way that I feel I do now. Coming home and being at university has made me realise how much my family mean to me, how much I do need them and how much they do for me. Living independently so many miles from home has and will always be so hard for me, I don’t really show it but I miss home. I miss the people, I miss the beach, I miss family meals, I even miss my dog. I knew I missed home when I was at university but it is only coming home that has made me realise how much I miss home. I guess that this means that I have more questions.


I have probably had one of the most memorable weekends that I have had in a long time because I have caught up with some friends, got to spend amazing time with my family and I got to be with my boyfriend. Catching up with my friends was almost like nothing had changed and we just updated each other with different parts of our lives and I loved that so much because it was like everything was normal and I didn’t feel like I was disconnected from their lives. Seeing my family was probably the most strange because they had changed, my sisters grow up each time I see them, their lives no longer the same and I am so proud of both of them. I have missed my mum more than I will ever let on but to see her, broke my heart in more ways than one because I could see how much she missed me and how much we need each other. I know that every moment I spend with my family now will be enjoyed and cherished. Spending time with my boyfriend was like ever other, special and like a dream, I just wish that it didn’t end but more memories were made.

Sometimes following your dreams has consequences but it will be worth it in the end! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullying

Tell yourself you look beautiful everyday

Battles